Chartered Surveyors & RICS Registered Valuers in Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Your property is possibly the biggest financial investment you’ll ever make. And using the services of a chartered surveyor is an important part of the process. Donald Leslie & Co are RICS registered independent chartered surveyors, based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire and covering a broad range of residential property types within a 25 mile radius of our office. We have 25 years of experience in the local property market. Our Structural Surveys and Home Buyers Surveys and Valuations will provide you with a thoroughly detailed report on the property you’re buying and could save you hundreds if not thousands of pounds in repairs. Isn’t it better to be aware of any issues before committing to a purchase, then getting a nasty surprise later?
Being independent means that we work for you, not the lender. Our service is personalised to your particular circumstances.
Our services fall into the following broad categories:-
- Building & Structural survey – a full, comprehensive structural review of the property, particularly suitable for older, large or unusual properties
- Homebuyers Survey – perfect for most modern residential properties
- Valuation – an appraisal of a property’s market value, or a retrospective valuation for tax or probate purposes
- Specific Defects Survey – for advice on a particular structural issue such as damp, cracks etc
- Property Valuations for probate or matrimonial disputes – independent, impartial expert evidence for legal disputes
- Insurance Reinstatement Costs – to make sure you have enough buildings insurance cover
- Party Wall Advice – a legal requirement for any building works affecting party walls
- Help To Buy Staircasing or Selling – a legal requirement for Shared Ownership properties
We appreciate that at a time when you’re handing over large sums of money, having a full structural survey carried out may seem like an unnecessary additional expense. Research by RICS (the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) shows that home buyers spend an average of £5,750 in repair bills when they move in.
This is because, depending on the property, most mortgage lenders only require a basic home valuation report. While these reports confirm the current market value of the property they are just a brief inspection, and they don’t uncover structural defects, rot or subsidence. Faced with a potential repair bill in the thousands, spending a few hundred pounds on a proper structural survey suddenly seems like a sensible idea.
Take a look at our video library to see us in action, they show a number of issues we have found when looking at houses over the years, these are on site videos rather than professional takes.
To find out how we can help you, please contact us for an informal, no-obligation chat.